Mr Halsey's Feedback
WWW: Some fantastic work already – your blog starts off so
well and your reflections on why you’ve chosen Media make a lot of sense. There
are moments in your advert analyses that really show insight – particularly the
dominant and oppositional readings of the Nike advert (brilliant to see
references to feminism early in Year 12 – we’ll be studying it in Year 13!)
EBI: Looking again at your advert analyses, make sure your
writing has enough depth. Some of your points are not as effective or are not
fully explained or linked to the impact on audience. This is something to work
on. In addition, your institution work is incomplete – no summaries of the
institutions we researched. You must be organised and complete work!
LR: Firstly, finish the institution work. Next, reflect on
your first month of AS Media. What is your strongest piece of work so far? What
is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over
the rest of the course?
Learner Response Task
I think that my strongest piece of work on this blog so far is my 'Brand 100-10-1' task and it's also the task I enjoyed doing the most. On my MEST2 Coursework blog, I believe my best post was the 'Analysis of Three Film Extracts' as I feel I was in-depth with the analyses, especially as I particularly enjoyed analysing the costume used in each of the films.
I think my weakest piece of work is my Media Institution Learner Response task because I forgot to finish it off. I also found that Analysing Film Lighting was a difficult task for me as I didn't feel there was much I could say about each of the images used.
I think I need to develop my knowledge of media terminology and apply it more to my work as I haven't really fully understood all of the key terminology just yet. I also need to remember to highlight these key terms on my blogs as well.