Monday, 28 September 2015

Media Institutions + Learner Response

This was mine and Ladan's presentation about BSkyB




Feedback:

  • Nice visual starter with logos through the years - reasonably engaging and gets response from the class.
  • Solid history and not covered in too much detail which maintains a good pace.
  • Some good detail and media language - different channels and niche audiences.
  • Broadband is an important part of business model.
  • Perhaps lacking a little rehearsal - the content is there (influence slide being an example) but lacking in a little confidence in delivery.
  • I'd like more on government influence - Rupert Murdoch has been a major influence on British media and politics for many years.



WWWs:


  • I think that we kept the information quite condensed and simple on the slides and then managed to expand on the information on the handout.
  • We came up with an original idea for the starter, I think - by incorporating Sky's logos into our presentation.
  • We attempted to expand on the bullet points.


EBIs:

  • I definitely agree with Sir that we should have rehearsed our presentation so that we were aware of who was saying what and when to say it - we didn't plan the delivery very well.
  • I'm not sure that either of us were loud or clear enough to be honest so that is something to work on.
  • I think that we could have expanded more verbally rather than just reading off the slides - in order to show that we knew what we were talking about.


I'm going to share what I have learnt from the other presentations, about the following media institutions:



Trinity Mirror - I learnt that the Trinity Mirror was a merger between Trinity plc and Mirror Group plc in 1999.
News Corporation - 
Sony - 
Vivendi - It was originally a water supply company called Compagnie Générale des Eaux.
Time Warner - 
Viacom - Is the owner of various different media networks such as MTV, Nickolodeon and the TV Channel Comedy Central.